Each night before we leave for the gym, I always ask Jonathan if he has his keys (since I don't bring my purse). I do this, obviously, so we don't get locked out, as we manually lock the door from our kitchen into the garage as we leave. Well, I bet you can guess what happened tonight--the one night I DIDN'T remind him--we get locked out. Jonathan had absentmindedly grabbed his water bottle instead of his keys.
Of course we didn't have the spare key under our garage mat (something I've intended to do for the past 4 months). So, as I tried to break back in to our house via an expired AAA card, Jonathan headed to the front door to see what he could do. Luckily for us, he got creative and used the weather stripping on one of the doors to help him get in. Before the tree fell, the doors were a tad uneven and the weather stripping was necessary. But since the rebuild, the door issue was corrected. So voila--the unevennes of the stripping allowed Jonathan to push the door in just enough to enter. This was good and bad news for us. Good because we were only locked out of our house for about 5 minutes. Bad because all these months, someone, who really tried hard enough, would have been able to get in. Now that there is no weather stripping, the doors fit and we shouldn't have this problem. And now the spare key will have to take residence under our garage mat. So while we were locked out briefly, we weren't very well locked in!
That is so funny, we have the key argument all the time. Plus, we disagree on whether or not to keep the garage door (door from kitchen to garage locked.) Let's just say, I am not going to let Jason read this blog, or he might win the argument from now on...
ReplyDeleteThat same thing happened to us...only it didn't turn out so well for us! Glad you made it in without too many problems!
ReplyDeleteWell now I know how to break into your home! ;)
ReplyDelete