Each year we pick a location. This year, David and Catherine are hosting. As I was talking to David last night about our flight details, he reminded me that flying wouldn't be very fun anymore because of all the new in-flight security regulations after the Christmas day airline incident. While it looks like we on domestic flights won't have to give up our carry ons just yet, many others will. Don't you remember when flying was so easy? I used to love flying. Actually, despite the current hassles beforehand, I usually still do. But it looks like we're headed for something just short of an air jail, strapped in like prisoners with stale air and nothing with which we can pass the time easily (and make it easier to avoid talking to the stranger next to you).
I do have some memories of cooler times on an airplane. I'd almost forgotten about them!
1. Junior Pilot wing pinsI think there is actually some photographic documentation of me wearing these as a kid. Yes, even when I had curly hair and looked like a boy.
2. Airline playing cards
Although my memory of them isn't too clear, I don't think I imagined these. I think Southwest used to give them out.
3. In-flight meals--for free
Enough said.
4. Peanuts
I am told Southwest still serves these. Good for them.
5. Warm chocolate chip cookies
We only got these going to Milwaukee on Midwest Express to visit family. The good news--they still serve them!
Too bad all we'll get tomorrow is a nice pre-flight pat-me-down and a beverage (if we're lucky).
No comments:
Post a Comment