Friday, August 5, 2011

Owen at 5 Months

Ok. I lied. I said I would catch up on blogging over the summer. Obviously that didn't happen. I could list a variety of excuses but instead I'll jump right into this post. Owen turned 5 months on July 24! I really can't believe it. What a fun stage this is, too. He's been able to roll from tummy to back since he was 3 months, but he does it all the time now (especially at night, causing several sleep interruptions for all of us). He is so close to rolling from back to tummy. He just doesn't quite know what to do with his upper body. He's making 'raspberry' sounds now. Owen's laughing and squealing more often now. He loves being sung to, and enjoys holding a book with both hands (and proceeds to put it in his mouth) when being read to. And, he's started a few solids, but they're not yet a major part of his diet by any means.

This guy is also pretty big. At four months he weighed 17 pounds, and I'm guessing he's gained close to two more pounds since. He has the obligatory big baby leg fat rolls. Pretty cute. I'm posting a few shots I took of him while we were in Charleston last weekend. The soft white bedspread at the hotel was a perfect background for me to pull out the camera.














3 comments:

  1. Christina, he is adorable! And looks just like you and Jonathan! I guess that makes sense. :) I am so excited to see photos of him. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the one of him grabbing his toes! :) And love the baby chub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable and growing so fast!! Look at those eyes!

    ReplyDelete