Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hippo Haven

After adding one final touch last night, Owen's nursery is complete. It was definitely liveable long before last night, but now that all the pieces are there, bring on the baby! Jonathan and I love walking by his room or just standing in the doorway for a few seconds. It's hard to believe a live body will be joining this room...hopefully soon.

The 'theme' for the nursery was based around some neutral bedding featuring hippos that I found at Target.com (and a big thanks to Domonique for giving it to us!). It's designed by Dwell Studio strictly for Target, which means it's much more affordable than buying directly from the company. Then the rest of the room just fell into place.





The dresser is Jonathan's old childhood dresser. Afer several hours of labor, he was able to transform it into a matching piece of furniture for the nursery. All the credit goes to Jonathan; the only thing I did was select the knobs (yes, knobs) for the drawers. So not only do we have ample storage for Owen's clothes and books, but we also have a piece that can grow with him for a few years. And, we saved a couple hundred dollars not having to purchase a new dresser!


Before:
After:

Here is all the room info, for those interested:
Paint: Leaf Bud by Valspar

Crib and changer: Baby Furniture Plus Kids

Rocker: Amazon.com

Bedding and curtains: Target.com

Round night stand: Amazon.com

Rug: Target

Dresser: Jonathan's re-finished childhood dresser

Lamps: Target (I already had the bases, just changed out the shades)

Growth chart: Designs by SaJa, a gift from Aunt Kristin (Jonathan's sister)

Hippo name plate: A handmade gift from Jonathan's coworker

Wooden wall letters: Babies R' Us

Stuffed animal hippo: IKEA (I couldn't resist; stuffed hippos are quite hard to find)

And we are very well aware that this is the cleanest and most organized Owen's room will ever be...but that is fine by us.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! It looks great! And I agree, bring on Owen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to meet the new addition to our family! I hope to visit sooner, rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love the hippo theme and Jonathan's dresser inspires me to refinish mine I have from childhood. I am praying for you, Owen and Jonathan. I hope you feel our thoughts and prayers surrounding you!! Can't wait for Owen to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! What a cute theme! Can't wait to see your little guy in there!

    ReplyDelete