
Tonight I went to Burger King. Other than tonight, I've only been one time since 2000. For those of you who know my history, this is quite a milestone. For those of you who don't know my history with this establishment, here is the brief synopsis:
One night, while studying for exams in college, a friend and I decided it was time for a dinner break. I believe it was a Sunday night, and at 10:00, not much was open then, so we knew fast food was our best option. So we trekked down the road to the BK. When I ordered my food, the employee thought, for some reasons that are unclear, that I was being a smart alec when clarifying my burger specifications. As we pulled up he seemed miffed but other than that, he got us our food and it was time to go back to campus to eat.
We got back to the building where we were studying. I opened the bun of my burger to add more ketchup. That's when I noticed the obvious BITE the man had taken out of my burger. I mean, we're talking semi-circular teeth marks and everything. Oh, and he was sneaky with his technique...only biting the patty and not the bun. I assume he intended for me to bite right into the burger without knowing HE'D bitten into it. Good thing I like extra ketchup. My friend and I laughed while also feeling slightly disgusted. And no, I didn't take the burger back and demand a refund. We had too much studying to do, so I just shared her food and all was fine.
But I was faithful in avoiding Burger King for 9 years after the incident. And I broke the dry spell last summer when I was craving a Coke Icee. And driving by tonight, I wanted one again. They do have delicious Icees. But the burgers...well, I don't think that's a dry spell that can be broken.
Yuck!! Good thing I already avoid BK, or this might have done it for me! Eeewww!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the second person tonight to mention the Coke Icees from BK. Now I want one badly! Argh.
ReplyDelete