Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pancake Post

On Saturday I was inspired to write about pancakes, but the topic is just now making its way to my blog. Jonathan and I had lots of errands to run this past weekend, and on our way between here and downtown, we stopped at Ham House for breakfast. Eating their pancakes made me reflect on my favorite pancakes of all time. Funnily enough, each of these pancakes were experienced in different states!

Here they are, not in any particular order:

1. Sugar 'n Spice pancakes at Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg, TN. My friend Brandi and I discovered these amazing pancakes during spring break of our junior year in college. Five thick cakes come packed on a plate, and are served with a delicious cinnamon cream rather than syrup. We quickly learned we could share these easily, and were willing to awkwardly trudge all the way from one end of town to the other with our skiis in hand just to eat them.

2. White chocolate chip and fig pancakes in Providence, RI. I don't even remember the name of the diner where these were enjoyed, but I do remember the food. I was visiting my friend Larisa during our senior year of college, and I think she remembers them just as much as I do.

3. Carrot cake pancakes at Ham House in Greenville. Though they weren't serving these on Saturday, I had them this summer right after the tree fell on our house. They were a great comfort food, not to mention perfect for me since I love real carrot cake more than should be normally allowed.

4. Michigan blueberry pancakes made by my Aunt Deanna. Of course, these can be enjoyed anywhere, but we usually eat them when we're visiting family in Grand Rapids. They are good anytime, but especially when fresh Michigan blueberries are in season. These are Jonathan's favorite.

Now I am wondering, how many of my posts have been about food?

4 comments:

  1. Yummy - you're making me hungry!! I vote for the Michican blueberry pancackes; those sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go every July to the farm outside of town and pick blueberries. It is a great family tradition because it follows with weeks of blueberry pancakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sugar and spice pancakes are the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete