Saturday, February 6, 2010
The Unit
I was at a friend's bridal shower today, which was fun with some yummy food. When I was introducing myself to some of the other guests, one of them asked me, "now, are you Christina of Christina and Jonathan?" I have to admit, I felt a little famous for about 2.5 seconds. And when I thought about it, I realized I'm very used to being known as a unit rather than as an individual. Most of our friends refer to us as "The Duvalls." When one of us is alone in a group, people sometimes slip up when talking to either of us and have to remember to call us by our individual names. But I'm not complaining. While I do like my first name, I don't really mind being considered as a unit. I guess when you have a spouse or significant other, especially if people met you after the two of you got together, that just happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saw the title of your post, and the first thing that popped into my head was, "That's what she said!" :o)
ReplyDelete