
Yes, it's that time of year...and I feel compelled to share my favorite Christmas movies:
1. A Christmas Story. Most kids born in the 80s grew up with this movie. It's definitely my #1 pick. As a kid, you love it because you sympathize with Ralphie's plight: he wants that one coveted Christmas gift (in his case, a Red Rider BB gun, in which he does "shoot (his) eye out"). As an adult, you love the movie because the narration is hilarious in a very dry way. I like this movie so much, in fact, that I dressed up as Ralphie's kid brother Randy (in his snowsuit get-up) for our Christmas costume party last year. No, I'm not ashamed.
2. Christmas Vacation. Who doesn't like Chevy Chase, especially when he was in his 80s prime? What is better than cousin Eddie wearing a dickie under a white sweater, Aunt Bethany wrapping up her...cat, and Uncle Lewis burning down the Christmas tree? Not much.
3. Elf. I'm usually a Will Ferrell fan, and this, in my opinion, is one of his best movies. Best scene: when Buddy is at the doctor's office for the paternity test. Also, the kid who played Ralphie in A Christmas Story is an elf in this movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment