Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Best Cranberry Recipe Ever

Yesterday we hosted our second annual Thanksgiving dinner for friends. Jonathan and I have been making our own Thanksgiving dinner (before the actual day hits) for about four years now, but we've started including a crowd recently. We had a fun time. My favorite dish that I've started making for this feast is my mom's cranberry recipe. It is amazing. I grew up on this scrumptious dish and nothing else compares. It only requires a little bit of chopping, and you can make it a day or two ahead of your meal. And, it keeps really well in the fridge, for about 2 weeks or more (probably due to the liquer!). If you aren't a fan of cranberries, you will be after you try this recipe:

Ingredients:
2 pounds fresh cranberries
3 apples, pared, cored and diced
2 pears, pared, cored and diced
2 cups golden raisins
2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup orange-flavored liquer (I used Triple Sec because it's what we had and the least pricey!)

Heat all ingredients except liquer in large saucepan to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 45 minutes. Stir in liquer. Refrigerate covered 4 hours or overnight. Serve sauce slightly chilled.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to this AMAZING cranberry recipe. It is THE BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete