At the end of March, we visited friends Larisa and Chris in Boston. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and the time spent with them. We did lots of sightseeing the first two days, while the ridiculous monsoon-esqe rain slowed us down a little the last two days. Nonetheless, we covered lots of territory including the Boston Common, the North End, the harbor and the Freedom Trail, to name a few. Jonathan and I also hit up the Sam Adams brewery in Stonybrook, Fenway Park, and explored the shops and cafes in Cambridge, where Larisa and Chris live. And, as a quick side note, we all played trivia at the Thirsty Scholar bar one night, and came in third place out of about fifteen teams (i.e., we felt special since our main contenders were many Harvard and MIT folk)!
As soon as we returned from Boston, my parents came to Greenville to visit. They hadn't seen our house since we put in an offer three years ago, and then it wasn't even ours yet. Additionally, since our house has undergone many changes since then, it was great for them to see the final product. We had a great time. The weather was so amazing that we spent most of our time outside in downtown Greenville. The four of us plus Jonathan's parents ventured up to Asheville one day to see the Biltmore. It was a gorgeous day there. Unfortunately I didn't get any family photos this go round. But we did take some shots of the grounds at Biltmore.
The next week I celebrated my 29th birthday. I got carded the night we went out, so I guess I've still got something going for me. I do intend to enjoy my last year of my twenties!
The following weekend I traveled to Charlotte for my friend Lindsey's bachelorette party. The festivities included a hip hop class, delicious tapas at a nearby restaurant, and dancing downtown. It was fun.
Last weekend, we, along with my friend Brandi, hosted a his & hers shower for our friend Lauren and her fiance, Stephen. The weather couldn't have been better, and it was fun to meet new people, catch up with old ones, and enjoy s'mores around the fire pit in the meantime!
So, that's what we've been up to. I hope to be better updated in future posts!
Wow! I need a vacation hearing about your vacations! Haha! ;o)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've had alot of fun! Love the pics!
ReplyDelete